Computer Use Policy
- Our computers are free to all adult and young adult patrons, aged 13 and up.
- Computer users must be respectful of others, keeping all conversations to a minimum.
- Computer use is limited to one person per computer. If there are two people at a computer they must both be engaged in a shared purpose.
- A valid MVLC library card is necessary to access our computer reservation system.
- Users have 2 logins per day with a total of 2 hours/day. Sessions are 50 minutes when people are waiting.
- If no one is waiting extra time of 20 minutes will be allotted in 10 minute increments.
- Please back-up all work to email or a USB drive. The Haverhill Library is not responsible for lost or missing data.
- The printing charge is $.25/page for B&W and Color.
Use of computer resources for ANY of the following is prohibited:
- Stealing, damaging or altering software or hardware.
- Using computer resources for other than their intended purpose.
- Attempting to, or gaining unauthorized access to files, passwords, data, etc.
- Violating software license agreements.
- Violating applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Interfering with or disrupting other computer users.
- Behaving in a malicious, threatening, harassing, or obscene manner.
- Publicly displaying obscene materials on computer screens or in hard copy.
The Haverhill Public Library reserves the right to exclude any library patron from use of our computer resources for violation of these stated policies.
Approved: Board of library Trustees, May 10, 2007