Public Bulletin Board Policy
The Haverhill Public Library provides a public bulletin board for the posting of community activities and events as well as public service notices of educational, cultural or community interest.
The following applies to all public bulletin boards and all tables used for the aforementioned purposes:
- Designated library staff must approve all notices, posters, and brochures.
- All items should be brought to the Information Desk for approval.
- Only designated staff can post or remove notices.
- Once notices are removed, they are discarded.
- Notices posted or left on tables without authorization will be removed and discarded.
- Oversized posters may be rejected because of space limitations.
- If the board is crowded, library staff reserve the right to select notices for events with the widest appeal.
- The Haverhill Library does not assume responsibility for materials damaged or stolen.
- Bulletin boards at the elevator and stairwells are reserved for library events and notices.
- The “Business Bulletin Board” is for local businesses only. Size limitation is 3 inches by 5 inches. All items will be dated and removed after 6 months. Notices must be professional in appearance. Handwritten material will not be posted.
- Acceptance of materials for display does not imply the library’s endorsement of a group or organization, its policies or beliefs.