Teen Volunteer Corps
Teen volunteers complete a variety of projects, as determined by the Teen Services Librarian, including but not limited to shelving and straightening. Teen volunteers are supervised by Rachel Gagnon, Teen Librarian.
Volunteers must attend a 1 hour orientation and training. Typically, teen volunteers work 4 hours per month, plus initial 1 hour training. Must be willing to commit to a set schedule. Must be 14 -18 years of age. Must be a resident of Haverhill. The ideal candidate is reliable and self-motivated.
Teen volunteers will gain:
- An opportunity to learn and practice job related skills
- Satisfaction of knowing that you are helping your community
- Something different and interesting to do
- An opportunity to meet new people, and
- Volunteer experience, which looks great on college, scholarship, and job applications