Teen Volunteer Corps
Teen volunteers complete a variety of projects, as determined by the Teen Services Librarian, including but not limited to shelving and straightening. Teen volunteers are supervised by Rachel Gagnon, Teen Librarian.
Volunteers must attend a 1 hour orientation and training. Typically, teen volunteers work 4 hours per month, plus initial 1 hour training. Must be willing to commit to a set schedule. Must be 14 -18 years of age. Must be a resident of Haverhill. The ideal candidate is reliable and self-motivated.
Once your Teen Volunteer Corps Application is received by the Teen Services Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org), you will be contacted for an interview. Upon the completion of your interview, you will be required to provide a government issued photo ID (birth certificate or social security card AND school ID with photo, OR passport, driver’s license or learner’s permit) before officially joining the program.
Teen volunteers will gain:
- An opportunity to learn and practice job related skills
- Satisfaction of knowing that you are helping your community
- Something different and interesting to do
- An opportunity to meet new people, and
- Volunteer experience, which looks great on college, scholarship, and job applications